International Essay Competition “A Letter to Nizami Ganjavi”
The International Essay Competition “A Letter to Nizami Ganjavi” is dedicated to the 880th birth anniversary of Nizami Ganjavi
The competition is organized by Azerbaijan Republic ministries - Culture and Foreign Affairs. The main purpose of organizing the competition is to promote the heritage of great Azerbaijani poet and thinker Nizami Ganjavi, to stimulate the writing of modern literary pieces about Nizami’s greatness by involving Azerbaijani and foreign writers in the competition.
Terms of participation:
- Each author can submit only one work for the competition.
- Works should be original and not issued or published anywhere before.
- Works must be written in Azerbaijani, Turkish, English or Russian languages.
- Cover page (first page) of the work should include information about author and contact details (phone number and e-mail).
- Works must be written by one person. Collaboraive writing is not accepted.
- Works must be sent to the below indicated email address.
Volume of essay:
Essay should not exceed 880 words.
Prize fund of competition:
4,042 (four thousand, forty-two) US dollars
Selection of winners and awards:
Three winners will be selected, according to the assessment criteria set by the Commission.
First place – 2,021 US dollars
Second place – 1,141 US dollars
Third place – 880 US dollars
Winner of the first place will also be awarded the commemorative badge “880th birth anniversary of Nizami Ganjavi (1141 - 2021)”.
Duration of the competition:
Essays for the competition will be accepted until December 20, 2021.
The Commission will not accept the works that do not meet the requirements of the competition.
For more information, please contact:
Tel.: +99412 493 06 80
WhatsApp: +99451 777 61 15
Participants should send their works to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
© The Ministry of Culture retains the right to prepare for publishing and print the works submitted for the competition by protecting copyright.